|Audio read by||Tina Fey|
|Publisher||Little, Brown and Company|
|April 5, 2011|
|LC Class||PN2287.F4255 A3 2011|
Bossypants is an autobiographicalcomedy book written by the American comedian Tina Fey. The book topped The New York Times Best Seller list, and stayed there for five weeks upon its release. As of November 2014, the book has sold over 2.5 million copies since its debut, according to Nielsen BookScan. Additionally, Fey's Grammy nominated narration of the audiobook has sold over 150,000 copies on Audible.com. A paperback reprint edition was released in January 2012, from Reagan Arthur Books, an imprint of Little, Brown. The front cover features hand model and actor Joe Rosario.
Free download or read online Bossypants pdf (ePUB) book. The first edition of this novel was published in April 5th 2011, and was written by Tina Fey. The book was published in multiple languages including English language, consists of 283 pages and is available in Kindle Edition format. Listen to Bossypants audiobook by Tina Fey. Stream and download audiobooks to your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Bestsellers and latest releases. Read Bossypants by Tina Fey PDF Free Download. Read Bossypants by Tina Fey PDF Free Download Do you want to download Bossypants book for free? Or you want to find a book with a. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Bossypants: Includes a PDF of Photos at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users.
Buy Bossypants audio book on Unabridged CDs today! Visit Audio Editions for more audio books by Tina Fey! Your Audio Book Experts Since 1985. Work, marriage, and motherhood. Includes PDF of photos. 2012 Grammy nominee. 'Winning, wittytreat. She can be the boss of us anytime.' —Entertainment Weekly. Browse Audio Books: Browse Audio Books.
Flash renamer download. In 2008, the prospect of a Tina Fey book was reportedly the subject of a bidding war among publishers, which led to an advance of $6 million. As part of her deal with Little, Brown & Co., a gift was made to the New York-based Books for Kids Foundation.
Bossypants received greatly positive reviews, Janet Maslin for The New York Times calls Bossypants 'a spiky blend of humor, introspection, critical thinking and Nora Ephron-isms for a new generation.' Katie Roiphe for Slate is favorable toward the humor in Bossypants, especially how Fey wields jokes as a personal display of power. The book was also praised by Mary McNamara of the Los Angeles Times, who wrote, '..any concern that Fey, like so many before her, has been ruined by fame is quickly dispelled by Bossypants, a book that reminds you why Fey has succeeded where so many have failed — because she is precise, professional and hilarious.' Ellen Wernecke of The A.V. Club similarly said of Fey, 'The artistry of her autobiography-turned-polemic raises the bar for every comedian who dares put cursor to Word doc.'
It received a more mixed review from Carole Cadwalladr of The Observer, however, who opined, 'There's lots to enjoy, particularly if you are, as I am, a Tina Fey fan girl. It's just the bookiness of it. Fey is out of her genre, and it shows: it takes an age to get going, and it's less like prose non-fiction than a sketch comedy in book form, with a disproportionate number of one-liners, not all of which work.'
- ^ abMaslin, Janet (3 April 2011). ''Bossypants' by Tina Fey - Review'. The New York Times. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- ^Fey, Tina (2011). Bossypants. New York: Little, Brown and Co. ISBN978-0-316-05686-1.
- ^Fey, Tina; Narrated by Tina Fey (2011). Bossypants (Audiobook). London: Hachette Audio.
- ^'Bestsellers: Hardcover Nonfiction'. The New York Times. 24 April 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^Lewis, Andy (November 13, 2014). 'Amy Poehler, Lena Dunham Books Debut on Par With Tina Fey's Megahit'. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- ^Bosman, Julie (October 2, 2011). 'Stars Will Read Amazon Unit's New Audio Book Series'. Media Decoder (blog). The New York Times. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- ^Kelly, Keith J. (October 1, 2008). 'Fey Eyes Big Pay Day: Publishers Toss $6m Book Offer for '30 Rock' Star'. New York Post. Retrieved November 6, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- ^Neyfakh, Leon (October 3, 2008). 'Little, Brown Will Publish Tina Fey Book'. The New York Observer. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- ^Roiphe, Katie (30 March 2011). 'Tina Fey's Tough Girl Feminism: The rough humor in Fey's new book Bossypants is exactly what the movement needs'. Slate.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^McNamara, Mary (April 4, 2011). 'Review: 'Bossypants' by Tina Fey is funny and heartfelt'. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 30, 2016.
- ^Wernecke, Ellen (April 28, 2011). 'Tina Fey: Bossypants'. The A.V. Club. Retrieved September 30, 2016.
- ^Cadwalladr, Carole (23 April 2011). 'Bossypants by Tina Fey – review'. The Observer. Retrieved September 30, 2016.
See a Problem?
Preview — Bossypants by Tina Fey
She has seen both of those dreams come true.
At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her..more
More lists with this book..
What did I expect? Well, it's probably easier to explain what I didn't expect. I wasn't counting on a sour, muddled, defensive screed against anyone who pissed off the author in..more
I ended up picking this up because when I sent up a signal flare on Twitter, it was the most recommended book by far.
Now I see why.
1. The narration was exceptionally good. (I like autobiography being read by the author, but not all authors are good narrators.)
2. It's legitimately funny.
3. It's legitimately thoughtful and insightful.
I'll also say that I read this book cold. I didn't really know who Tina Fe..more
So what's to love about 'Bossypants,' besides everything? For starters, how Tina just tells it (and by 'it,' I mean everything from working at SNL to impersonating Sarah Palin) like it is. She's got a fierce feminist..more
Some people say, “Never let them see you cry.” I say, if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone.I really appreciated how this memoir had a good mix of heartwarming anecdotes, comedic happenstances and career musings.
While I am not as familiar with her SNL and early career, this book was fun and easy to listen to.
As with many a memoir, we start with her childhood love of comedy and processed to her current-day adventures (or perhaps more ac..more
I wasn't expecting much, obviously, but this 'book' fails to live up to even the exceeding low standards of airport bookstores. I liked Tina Fey before I read this book...more
Unless one of these men is my boss, which none of them is, it's irre..more
i LOVE Tina fey, i loved her movies, she's talented woman i just couldn't enjoy her book as much as I hoped I would. it had some funny scenes, but nothing was 'laugh out loud funny'
'Bossypants'- not my cup of tea. Oh, and parts of it were flat out racist.
I'm beginning to think two stars is a tad generous.
Maybe celebrity memoirs just aren't for me. I don't find them appealing, entertaining or really funny (as some claim to be).
Up next: Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance.'
(What?! I didn't say I was gonna stop reading celebrity books)
No, I don't really live under a rock. I just tune out nonessential information.
Anyway, I like Tina because she's funny in the way I would be funny if I were actually capable of being funny on a regular basis.
I listened to the audio book, which is really the only way to go with this..more
If you're a fan of her humor, as seen on 30 Rock and SNL, you'll be a fan of Bossypants. It's not an in depth, gut-wrenching tell-all memoir. For instance, she only glosses over the incident when she got the facial scar. But if you're familiar with Fey's brand of humor then the lightheartedness of it shouldn't surprise you. She's the sort of average, nice person that has her own strong opinions, but doesn't thi..more
Bossypants Tina Fey
I know I am seven years late to this party, but damn was this funny and on point. Ah the things Tina didn't know when she wrote this and yet she still brought up - the #MeToo movement that hadn't arrived yet, Hilary Clinton running for President again, hell there's even a Trump reference in this book! But ignoring all of those yet-to-happen things that she still somehow managed to allude to like some kind of weird comedic prophet, this book was downright funny and relatable. Well, as re..more
That said, there were portions of this book that killed me. Her 'Origin Story' was hilarious, especially the talk about her scar and people’s reactions to it. Also, she is a genius when it comes to discussing everyday gender fuckery. I loved her whole take on menstruation and how she thought period blood would be blue because of..more
It was hilarious! Some mornings I was laughing so hard while driving to work that other drivers would stare at me. Tina Fey performs different voices and really sells the stories. One of my favorite chapters was about her father, Don Fey: 'He's just a badass...more
Having read a small portion of this book online (A Mother's Prayer) and having found that very entertaining, I had high hopes for this book. And I should say, it's not a bad read. It's just not that funny. I laughed out loud maybe once, and smiled a few times more. Most of the jokes fell under the category of fairly amusing. Maybe as a script, it'd be great.
Note: The rest of this review has been withdrawn due to the recent changes in Goodreads policy and enforcement...more
Let's start with the good stuff:
- It's extremely funny. And not just 'laugh out loud' funny, but 'laugh *so* out loud your spouse asks you to go read in another room because you're keeping him awake.' If you enjoy Tina Fey's humor, you'll really appreciate this book. It's damn funny.
- It's (unexpectedly) full of really good advice about how to be a good boss. I mean, maybe I should have gleaned that from the title but I expected it to..more
Bossypants Pdf To The Audiobook Book
|new comic/audiobooks?||2||6||Mar 25, 2019 10:48AM|
|Great Book||11||136||Dec 17, 2018 07:37PM|
|2018 Beyond the C..:Bossy Pants||1||3||Jun 06, 2018 06:04PM|
|Play Book Tag:Bossypants by Tina Fey 5 stars||10||23||May 21, 2018 06:48AM|
|Forsyth County Pu..:Book Chat June 2018||1||5||Apr 10, 2018 10:26AM|
|Play Book Tag:(Listopia)>Bossypants by Tina Fey 3 stars||5||22||Mar 18, 2018 06:35PM|